Food and Drink
There are many local places to enjoy eating and drinking but these are our favourites - for various reasons!
- The Haybarn Inn - on site and well worth a visit - no driving!
- The Mortal Man - a short walk from the park - lovely views from the garden!
- The Queen's Head - slightly further to walk, but has a good atmosphere.
- The Watermill - at Ings, a short car ride away but has incredibly good beers and food. Our favourite place!
- Zeffirellis - in Ambleside. Excellent vegetarian restaurant - beautiful water feature - cinema/jazz too. Meal and cinema ticket offer - has all the latest films!
- Langdale Chase - on the road to Ambleside. Superb, reasonably priced afternoon tea with wonderful views of Lake Windermere from the terrace!
- Watersedge - in Ambleside. Lovely views of the lake and great food! Plenty of outdoor eating space.
- Hayes Gardenworld - A good restaurant, though does get crowded at peak holiday times.
- Fellfoot Country Park - at the foot of Lake Windermere has a good café with views of the lake and outdoor tables.