There are a variety of enjoyable walks leading directly from the lodge, suiting all levels of fitness and children of all ages.
- Many of these walks are circular and have local, friendly 'hostelries' along the route!
- The lodge has a variety of walking books for you to use and a file with photographs of some of our favourite local walks.
- When planning a walk please remember to wear suitable clothing and footwear, carry food and drink etc. In fact - check out the Mountain Rescue website It's really helpful!
- If you would like to try organised walks, which of course can be very sociable, walking ways offer guided walks in the Lake District for all levels of ability.
- walkthefells.net is a good site for walks, as is walkingbritain.co.uk